TwentyCi Property & Homemover Report – Q3 2018
Published quarterly, TwentyCi’s Property & Homemover Report is a comprehensive review of the UK property market, created from the most robust property change sources available. It provides a real time review of the UK market, covering 96.6% of all property moves (both sales and rentals).
This ‘state of the nation’ report provides unique insight into the people behind the numbers, creating a picture of the demographic, regional and socio-economic factors impacting the housing market including:
- Factual data (not modelled or sentiment-based)
- Full market coverage
- Demographic overlay
- Property sales data
- Property rental data
- Real-time data
Key take-outs for Q3 2018
- Demand outstripping supply. With property exchanges up over 11% year on year, more homemovers are reaching completion than this time a year ago.
- Online agents fallen. The market share of online estate agents has fallen back to 7.2% of all exchanges – a fall of 6% from Q2.
- The property ladder. Terraced and semi-detached houses make up the largest proportion of property sales, consistently comprising over 50% of all exchanges every quarter, reflecting the core of the UK housing stock.
- Ownership or rental. Our insight now highlights a consistency in the split between the owned and rental market. In major cities one third of available housing stock is now rental, while in London this rises to two thirds.