TwentyCi Property & Homemover Report – Q2 2019
Published quarterly, TwentyCi’s Property & Homemover Report is a comprehensive review of the UK property market, created from the most robust property change sources available.
It provides a real time review of the UK market, covering 99.6% of all property moves (both sales and rentals).
New inclusion for this quarter: Retail Intelligence, featuring data and insights to help retailers accurately target the captive high-value homemover audience.
This ‘state of the nation’ report provides unique insight into the people behind the numbers, creating a picture of the demographic, regional and socio-economic factors impacting the housing market including:
- Factual data (not modelled or sentiment-based)
- Full market coverage
- Demographic overlay
- Property sales data
- Property rental data
Headlines Q2 2019
- Exchanges rise 6% year on year to 992,000 properties along with a 2% increase in new instructions
- Some signs of frustration, indicated by 895,000 properties withdrawn from the market over the last 12 months – often to change agent
- The Top 10 cities nationwide all saw an increase in average asking prices year on year except Peterborough, where prices fell by 2%
- Help to Buy powers 22% growth in exchanges on £15-19.9K household income, 18% rise in exchanges for £30-39.9k household income – while exchangers in ‘squeezed middle’, £50-59.9k household income fall by 11% and households with £150k income rise by 26% year on year
- Online agents market share holds steady at around 7%