Hosting in excess of 500 events each year The NEC is firmly established as one of Europe’s most prestigious venues for exhibitions and events. As such, The NEC held a vast amount of customer, purchase and event data across a number of stand-alone systems and trading divisions.
The NEC recognised that for successful ongoing customer and prospect management building an effective customer data warehousing system enabling a single customer view was required.
Experts in data management TwentyCi applied a multi-stage approach to create a bespoke data warehouse that stores, cleans and manages all of The NEC’s visitor data.
Through the centralisation of data from 20 different sources, a single customer view was created. This was enhanced further by appending additional data such as events, food purchasing and car registrations. Import routines were also created to manage ongoing data feeds from the multiple customer touch points.
TwentyCi tailored and customised the solution so it could be used by multiple and variable business points.
TwentyCi’s approach gave The NEC a single customer view for the first time, enabling them to perform exceptional standards of customer profiling, segmentation and click stream analysis.
Outcome & Results
The NEC maximised their strategic marketing capabilities and customer intelligence as well as benefiting from more efficient working methods. The new database and systems created efficient data processing and intelligent use of information that:
- Strengthened the group brand with a unique proposition based on effective customer profiling
- Opened new commercial income streams and extended business opportunities among existing customers
- Provided full service strategic marketing capabilities and improved reporting and analysis of all business activities
- Delivered true one-to-one dynamic email communications
- Achieved a £8 return for every £1 spent