TwentyCi Property & Homemover Report – Q4 2018
Welcome to the latest edition of the TwentyCi Property & Homemover Report, providing a comprehensive review of the UK property market, created from the most robust residential research and property change sources available.
Our report provides a real-time review of the UK housing market in Q4 2018, covering 99.6% of all sale and rental moves. This property market analysis and state of the nation report provides unique insight into the people behind the numbers, creating a picture of the demographic, regional and socio-economic factors impacting the UK housing market, including:
- Factual data (not modelled or sentiment-based)
- Full market coverage
- Demographic overlay
- Property sales data
- Property rental data
UK Property Research Headlines – Q4 2018:
- Subdued property market. The market has remained lacklustre in 2018 and looks to stay subdued into 2019.
- Online estate agents. The market share of online agents at the end of 2018 stabilised at 7.2% of all exchanges. However, additional analysis shows that online agents are struggling to penetrate south of the Watford Gap.
- Fallen-throughs. With one in five house sales falling through in England and Wales, the need for a seismic change in the buying and selling process is essential.
- Affordability – crisis in the capital. With consumer confidence low and the Brexit process casting an economic shadow, the performance of the London property market continues to decline.