TwentyCi Property & Homemover Report – Q3 2018
Welcome to the latest edition of the TwentyCi Property & Homemover Report, providing a comprehensive review of the UK property market, created from the most robust residential research and property change sources available.
Our report provides a real-time review of the UK housing market in Q3 2018, covering 99.6% of all sale and rental moves. This property market analysis and state of the nation report provides unique insight into the people behind the numbers, creating a picture of the demographic, regional and socio-economic factors impacting the UK housing market, including:
- Factual data (not modelled or sentiment-based)
- Full market coverage
- Demographic overlay
- Property sales data
- Property rental data
UK Property Research Headlines – Q3 2018:
- Demand outstripping supply. With property exchanges up over 11% year on year, more homemovers are reaching completion than this time a year ago.
- Online agents fallen. The market share of online estate agents has fallen back to 7.2% of all exchanges – a fall of 6% from Q2.
- The property ladder. Terraced and semi-detached houses make up the largest proportion of property sales, consistently comprising over 50% of all exchanges every quarter, reflecting the core of the UK housing stock.
- Ownership or rental. Our insight now highlights a consistency in the split between the owned and rental market. In major cities one third of available housing stock is now rental, while in London this rises to two thirds.